Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• I use them for everything

posted by imprtvizion on 09/27/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

They're cheap, bright and can handle a lot of volts. I plugged them into a 9 volt battery and worked fine without a resistor. I'm been replacing a lot of regular LCD bulbs with these on just about everything. Nightlight, Multiple LED spotlight bulbs, push button LED lamps.I used it for a lot of stuff and they're so cheap if the leads off the bulb bend too much and break off I just put in another. I've bought about 20 of them so far, not one has went dead during use. I leave it on all night as a night light. I tried leaving one on all day and night without a battery change. Seems to last about 2 days then starts to dim and then just die out. But, nothing some new batteries can't fix. Has a nice throw for a single LED, nice hotspot.

Cons:

The only cons are they are pretty big compared to a regular LED and its has a one direction hot spot which is straight ahead. I tried sawing the head off of one to get the beam to spread. When I cut it down there was no beam what so ever. It does spread the light around more but, not much of a flood even with two. Hopefully DX will come out with some 10.5 mm inverted LEDs, it'll be more useful in modding a regular sized bulb with a bunch of these. Seems like it gives a greenish/white beam. Which is fine with me, but I'm sure a more pure white or yellow/white beam is more useful.

OtherThoughts:

how can you lose its cheap enough to experiment with.

Bottomline:

I will probably buy more of these when I'm done putting them in everything else that I can. But, for now I guess what I have now will have to do unless 1 watt emitters become cheaper then I can mess with those instead.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections