Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Worth its Weight in Gold

posted by logger97 on 12/13/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

A very inexpensive alternative to Canon's overpriced line of plastic products they call lens hoods. Performs the same function as the Canon counter parts as well as providing an extra layer of protection against lens damage. Opening is wide enough so you can take the lens cap on and off with the lens hood in place. (Unless you have REALLY big fingers)

Cons:

Fit was a little loose but not so loose that there was any risk of falling off. Otherwise there wasn't any noticeable difference from the true Canon ET-60

OtherThoughts:

I originally bought this as an alternative to the Canon version available from the camera store at $30. Last week I had the misfortune of dropping my XSi mounted with the EF-S 55-250 lens first on a concrete side walk. Although the lens hood shattered and the UV filter cracked, the lens survived the ordeal with no damage whatsoever. The lens hood took the full impact of the fall and protected the lens.

Bottomline:

I'm buying a replacement lens hood and a new filter to replace the ones damaged in the fall. This is pretty cheap insurance for those expensive lens.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections