Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- can measure voltage, current, resistance, capacitance, hFE, frequency and temperature
- includes sturdy looking multitester test leads and a temperature probe
- has sockets for transistors and capacitors
- large, easy to read LCD display
- operates off a common 9v battery (included)
- includes a silicon protective backing
- has overload and low battery indication
- datahold switch
- good price for a lot of features
- does not include an English language manual
- does not have backlighting
- test lead resistance seems to be relatively high (the tester reads 0.5 ohms at the 0-200 ohm range)
- quite large and bulky
- does not include a carrying case or strap
This multitester is capable of a lot of measurements but is quite large. It would be inconvenient to carry around so I would recommend this for bench use. Unfortunately there is that issue with the test lead resistance that doesn't allow one to make accurate measurements of low value resitances at 0~200ohm range. You'd have to do a zero test (shorting the test leads before measurements) then deducting the result from measured values. Then again this is just a general purpose multitester. You'd need a bench type laboratory tester for that kind of accuracy. The temperature measurement capability compensates for this drawback. Overall a good multitester.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.