There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Well worth it and CHEAP.

posted by Caeila on 03/22/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Good replacement unit if you're feeling ready to tackle the big job of fixing yours. Mine arrived unblemished and working perfect even though it was only packed in bubble wrap + envelope (no box).

Cons:

When I put a screen protector on top, as others have said, it requires slightly more pressure to register on the screen.

The original touch screen actually comes with a thick acrylic "sheet" on top. I didn't know this and managed to pry it off--it ripped the cable off too. This replacement does not come with the acrylic protector--it's just the glass part underneath.

The protector gives the original at least 0.5mm of height. After the DS was reassembled, I cut thin strips of a screen protector and placed them under the white plastic border (still sticky underneath) to boost it up evenly with the shell. The border is now removable. I think Nintendo used permanent double stick tape. I also put a DS screen protector (the one from this site) over the glass.

OtherThoughts:

The old touch screen on the DS Lite I repaired had a serious calibration problem on the right side that could not be fixed in software. The acrylic protector on top was also horribly scratched. This new screen fixes both problems.

Bottomline:

Review all the materials you can get on installing this item. It's not an easy job, but if you feel you can do it, BUY THIS! Also remember to get a Y (tri-wing) driver available at DX if you don't have one already. I got a good screen, so they are out there.

The price has dropped over a dollar since I bought it. Even so, it is a good deal.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections