Just like the original Es lo que se publicita. Отличный экранчег
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Well worth it and CHEAP.

posted by Caeila on 03/22/2008
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Good replacement unit if you're feeling ready to tackle the big job of fixing yours. Mine arrived unblemished and working perfect even though it was only packed in bubble wrap + envelope (no box).

When I put a screen protector on top, as others have said, it requires slightly more pressure to register on the screen.

The original touch screen actually comes with a thick acrylic "sheet" on top. I didn't know this and managed to pry it off--it ripped the cable off too. This replacement does not come with the acrylic protector--it's just the glass part underneath.

The protector gives the original at least 0.5mm of height. After the DS was reassembled, I cut thin strips of a screen protector and placed them under the white plastic border (still sticky underneath) to boost it up evenly with the shell. The border is now removable. I think Nintendo used permanent double stick tape. I also put a DS screen protector (the one from this site) over the glass.

The old touch screen on the DS Lite I repaired had a serious calibration problem on the right side that could not be fixed in software. The acrylic protector on top was also horribly scratched. This new screen fixes both problems.

Review all the materials you can get on installing this item. It's not an easy job, but if you feel you can do it, BUY THIS! Also remember to get a Y (tri-wing) driver available at DX if you don't have one already. I got a good screen, so they are out there.

The price has dropped over a dollar since I bought it. Even so, it is a good deal.

Post comment

DX Everywhere