Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• weird but useful

posted by ecotech on 11/11/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

i have to be grateful - it saved my butt! i had ordered a couple of 3rd party ink cartridges for my epson photo 820, and when i tried to install them in the printer, the wouldn't recognize them, and voilá, chip resetter to the rescue!

it's a very handy little tool to have around.

Cons:

- lousy packaging

- jingrish instructions (none really), they don't ell you, for instance, that the batteries are already installed, and the extra batteries taped to the packaging are just spares. but you eventually figure that out, AFTER you figure out how to open the battery hatch.

- poor build quality

- awkward design for battery replacement - it's less of a problem if you like puzzles, and have some spare time on your hands.

- unworkable "guide" for positioning ink cartridge, i finally took it off, and carefully held the cartridge's contacts over the pins "freehand". a bit challenging to do, unless you have good coordination and unusually steady hands, but it worked. eventually.

Bottomline:

i like my tools. for only a buck or two more, i would have preferred better plastics, brief but intelligible instructions, and a better-designed guide that works with real cartridges.

but this is still better than nothing if you need to reset a cartridge!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections