DX » Community » Reviews » Aluminum Cree Reflector Module Set (no emitter)
  • 5 star 9 ( 53% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 41% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byPotstada on 12/12/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Solid aluminium, reflector looks fine and threads are in good shape. Smooth spot, i think it's perfect for a Flashlight (just tried with a normal light bulb...reason see @cons). Comes with springs to mount easily a circuit board for flashlights. Cons:I orderd the CREE-e... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymaadcow on 05/21/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Solid aluminum, has just about everything you need except the emitter and circuit board. Threads are in good shape, seem like they'll hold up. Cons:Make them in different sizes, so that you can have custom drop-ins! More sizes definitely a must! OtherThoughts:... Read more

0 0
  • posted byecotack on 02/17/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:The price is great for such a good reflector. Cree LEDs such as the P4 and Q5 on a 14mm base fit great. LED is held in place when its screwed together, so all you need is a little heat transfer compound on the back of the LED and plastic washer to stop the refle... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytechjunkie on 11/19/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:All Aluminum, including pill (not brass) Inexpensive threads are smooth OP finish is nice, reflector makes nice beam pattern Aluminum pill + reflector makes for decent heatsinking compatible with P60 sized torches (26mm diameter reflector) Cons:pill base does... Read more

0 0
  • posted byz80a_CPU on 10/13/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:I love the beam of it; its sort of a dual beam. There is both a strong narrow beam that lights far away, and a wide weak beam that lights everything close. It look perfect to use on my bike. Cons:It seems to be quite easily damaged; take care of it! OtherThoughts:I coul... Read more

0 0
  • posted bywolfsangel on 05/25/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Great price. Nice looking bim, narrow enought. Peel reflector coating is perfectly clear and nice looking. All parts eyasy to combine and fit one to another together. Cons:Some scrap aluminium inside. Reflector coating is easy damagible. Come a with little bit... Read more

0 0
  • posted byOldNick on 05/18/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:The unit seems fairly neat and well built. Good price. Cons:It will not fit a star unless you take so much off the edges that there is no path for wiring. I will grab a 16mm LED base and see what happens. OtherThoughts:I can't attest to the final result. Usefu... Read more

0 0
  • posted byThyra on 01/05/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:These reflectors not only work with Cree, but with LUXEON Rebels too. Efficient, smooth beam, no artifacts ! Cons:None I found OtherThoughts:Just check that the dimensions fit your project. Bottomline:A great product for LED hobby projects. Thank you for makin... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysunnyl on 01/02/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Complete package to make a light, good build quality too Cons:Hard to solder PCT to the ring, and the ring falls out easily (and its not easy to solder the ring to the case) OtherThoughts: Bottomline:Cheap, good for the enthusiast. Made my first light with this... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypilotpack on 12/14/2007

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:-Solid build -Cheap -Does what it says Cons:-Doesn't fit Q5 without a little trimming of the star -Loose threads OtherThoughts:-Great price Bottomline:-Very useful if you are into building your own flashlights. Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections