Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Pleased with this torch

posted by PotentM1 on 01/29/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

-Excellent fit and finish of the metal parts.
    -Output appears to be close to the 900 lumens claimed, although I don't have a way to measure it accurately.
    -Fits perfectly in my hand - a good size, good heft.
    -Blindingly bright.
    -5-way clickie switch works well.
    -Brightness levels are useful. Low for general use, medium when you're working on something and need more light, high when you want to show off, blind an intruder, etc. etc.
    -Will tail stand on a smooth surface slightly precariously. On high it lights up a room quite well!
    -5-way switch starts out on Med > Low > High > Strobe > SOS (true SOS)

Cons:

-Tail cap is somewhat easy to cross-thread when putting it back on, just be careful.
    -2 thin o-rings on the body on the rear threads. Again, be careful putting the tail cap back on.
    -Not a super thrower, but I prefer a slightly diffuse beam anyway - can use as a bicycle headlight or to light up a large spot in your back yard.

OtherThoughts:

I don't have a way to measure lumens, but I did measure current draw. Using fresh 4.2V cell: Medium = 1.00A, Low = 0.34A, High = 2.84A, or 4.2W, 1.4W, and 11.9W power input, respectively! Using 3.75V partially discharged cell: Medium = 0.67A, Low = 0.23A, High = 1.90A. Low power is brighter than my brightest "1W" flashlight.

Bottomline:

Very pleased with this torch. Can't wait to try it on my bike at night. Seems to fit well in SKU 08274 bike mount.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

• Over 200,000 products
  • Extremely low prices
  • Timely refunds and replacements
  • Worldwide free shipping

Subscribe to our newsletter: