• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very useful to have around

posted by Julezz on 05/30/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

It works right out of the box. Used as a torch, the flame has just the right size. When used as a soldering iron, it has lots of power, and can actually be run on 30% power.

Cons:

No replacement tips are included, but it is easy to make new ones by oneself. Just check the comments section for how to make a $1 DIY tip.

OtherThoughts:

What appeared strange to me, is that the refill valve seems to be leaking when filling the tank up. But upon closer inspection, I see that this is intended. A kind of vent opens when the refillment nipple is depressed, thus allowing gas to flow in quicker. When the tank is full, excess gas qill squirt out, so you know it has been filled up to the top. When released, the valve closes 100%, nothing to complain here. It is just a little odd when one does not know it.

Bottomline:

Very useful when working outdoors. When I solder on my bike, it is a hassle to have the cable of my workshop solderin iron around. The gas iron allows me to work much more freely.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections