• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Perfect tool

posted by Zanga2 on 06/07/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I have to do a lot of soldering outside the house. For example working at the car, or doing electric wiring where electric power is not yet connected. In the last years i have used a lot of battery operated soldering irons with power raging from only 4.5W to 60W. The problem is that sometimes the power isn't sufficient to solder heavy gauge wires, or i would run out of batteries. So I have bought this gas powered soldering iron to use it where a normal electric one would fail. Some of the advantages are:
    - Rapid heat-up
    - Easy to recharge (a can of gas give a lot of uses and it's not as heavy as carrying rechargeable batteries with you)
    - Two tips included, one for soldering electric components or wires and another for precision flame / welding (great for cooper pipes soldering)
    - Lightweight, compact, no wires, can be used in thigh places.
    - Gas flow can be precisely adjusted only with one hand.

Cons:

No cons.

OtherThoughts:

It would be nice if DX will sell replacement tips for it and / or other models / functions like air heater for shrink tubing or air blower for sensitive component like motherboards.

Bottomline:

- This is one great tool to have around. 
    - The included tips are of good quality. 
    - Cordless
    - Easy to use and recharge

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections