Customer’s impression:
useful for the job!!!
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Finally the MagicShine helmet mount

posted by desolder on 05/05/2010
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This is just the thing for people who bought a MagicShine bike light without the helmet mount. Having the light on your helmet is MUCH better than on the bars, because you can now point the light independent of your handlebars. This is especially helpful when navigating sharp corners.
    The velcro is extra long - so its usable for the vast majority of helmet styles. Just cut it a bit shorter if it's too long for your liking.
    At first I was worried that it would cause the helmet to be too front heavy, but the extra weight wasn't really that noticeable.
    I was also worried that the stock cable wouldn't be long enough to have the battery in my waist sack, and I would have to buy the extension cable. But that too wasn't a problem. It was just long enough for me.

Cons:

The light can still jiggle a little even with the velcro straps. To firm it up a bit, I removed the foam padding and used some self-adhesive velcro, applying it to both the helmet and the mount. Now it's rock stable and doesn't jiggle around so much.

OtherThoughts:

Depending on your helmet style, you can mount it in front or on top of your helmet. I prefer it in front, so it's easier to duck below overhanging branches. Some people prefer top mount so the helmet isn't so front-heavy.

Bottomline:

This is a must-have for those like me who bought the MagicShine before the helmet mount became available. Being able to point the light exactly where it's needed makes it vastly better for aggressive mountain bike riding.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections