I almost always just use the fire steel with some cotton balls and petroleum, but its nice to know I have the magnesium for rainy conditions. This fire steel is way bigger than most! None. Larger size allows you to really send in the sparks. I was throwing sparks 18 inches! Good addition to the pack. I find it fun to start all our fires using this method ... Read more
Easy of the use...The price is excellent, and the material is of good quality, sturdy and durable. I have several, but this is the best of all, I'm very pleased.I will purchase other models for testing. Has no cons, great product! Only should have more magnesium to shave it ends too fast. The best product!!! The item size is ideal for carrying in a ... Read more
When ordered, the video still nebylo. Took as the biggest piece of flint. It turned out, most of the magnesium-piece! But I was satisfied. Flint to magnesium glued securely. Pen is not glued, but sits on the bar tightly. Ordered with the SKU: 33798 liked more. In SKU: 33798 more magnesium, but small flint. Little magnesium bar. Pen is not glued, but ... Read more
- the rod is quite big so it should last for quite some time.
- the sparkle (ferrocerium of something like that) rod is only half, the back is made of magnesium that you can scrap off with the cutter to make fire even easier with other fire starters.
- the magnesium block is quite big and easy to work with. It's about 12mm x 12mm x 80mm None that I ... Read more
Could help survive :)
Working on wet conditons - I have been expected that rod will be full of sparkle matherial but there is only half of sparkle tube on regular metal!
Cheap metal plate is used for ignition. I use is only few times and its not narrow.
It is not obvious at first look but, if you look at detail picture you can recognize a rectangular ... Read more
it big! therefore it will probably last a long time. it feels pretty sturdy int he hand, and it just does what it's supposed to do, make sparks and ignite magnesium. the build quality is not as high as i would like to see. the two ends are just glued together. they have come loose or anything, i just looks a bit... amateuristic, if you will.
the scraper ... Read more
- It's relatively cheap, compared to what you pay over here (Europe). - This model is one of the larger models on DX, which makes it more easy to hold, and it lasts longer (because firestarters use to wear/"run out", because each time it loses some material). - It produces a nice volume of sparks almost every time, which last long enough to ignite a ... Read more
- A firestarter is a must-have, or at least a very useful tool, in survival/outdoor situations.
- It's quite big, when compared to some other thinner firestarters on DX. This means you've got extra material to work with (because in the end, firestarters aren't everlasting, they will wear and "run out") and it's stronger.
- It produces a nice ... Read more
IS a very good item to start the fire.
IS exential to have one at least in your survival/emergenci Kit.
Low price, and easy to use you have only try 5 times to have fire. the blade not works as good at it should. I have change it, and works better.
The cord is short and you cant use it properly The glue to mach the two pices cover it but you can take ... Read more
The price is very good
Is big(thath means you can use it more time)
You can use it easy , and if you never ussed Survival Fire Sparkle the magnezium will help you to learn. I don't need magnezium part.
The piece of plastic was separeted in firs week, but with a litte super glue is ok. it work now, and i maked a lot of fires. If you want to learn how ... Read more
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.