Customer’s impression:
Good value
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Not a Flood-to-Throw

posted by gpturner on 02/19/2010
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Tested with the following batteries
    AA (1.5)
    14500 (3.7)
    CR123 (3)
    also suspect a CR2 3.7 will work well
    Good size, easy to hold does not heat up to much
    I like the direction the clip is facing, I find that this "Backeards direction is more usefull. It is big for this use but you could clip it to the brim of a hat for example
    The beam has a nice throw and size for light this size I think even though the lens is plastic it is a nice design.

Cons:

Build quality was a little off, I do not expect the way the clip is attached that it will last the lifetime of the light. Screws are already working loose. Not a con for all but the head is all one glued piece you cannot take apart and clean or anything. It does have a solid plastic lens that cannot be removed, replaced, or cleaned, but personally it does what it should and I do not see an issue with it being platic.

OtherThoughts:

I would recomend this as a daily carry. It is the right size and very versatile on the tye of batteries it can use. If your intention to only use AA I would recomend others, it wasn't that bright with the AA (I have others that are brighter on a AA) but it is really bright with the 14500 or the CR123.

Bottomline:

I would not pay more than I did for it, but I am happier with it than I thought I would be especially finding out that you can remove a section and use it with a CR123. SKU 26792 is better and has a really cool adjustable beam but is limitted to CR123 size batteries, so it is all just what you are lookign for.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

• Over 200,000 products
  • Extremely low prices
  • Timely refunds and replacements
  • Worldwide free shipping

Subscribe to our newsletter: