Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Not a Flood-to-Throw

posted by gpturner on 02/19/2010
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Tested with the following batteries
    AA (1.5)
    14500 (3.7)
    CR123 (3)
    also suspect a CR2 3.7 will work well
    Good size, easy to hold does not heat up to much
    I like the direction the clip is facing, I find that this "Backeards direction is more usefull. It is big for this use but you could clip it to the brim of a hat for example
    The beam has a nice throw and size for light this size I think even though the lens is plastic it is a nice design.

Cons:

Build quality was a little off, I do not expect the way the clip is attached that it will last the lifetime of the light. Screws are already working loose. Not a con for all but the head is all one glued piece you cannot take apart and clean or anything. It does have a solid plastic lens that cannot be removed, replaced, or cleaned, but personally it does what it should and I do not see an issue with it being platic.

OtherThoughts:

I would recomend this as a daily carry. It is the right size and very versatile on the tye of batteries it can use. If your intention to only use AA I would recomend others, it wasn't that bright with the AA (I have others that are brighter on a AA) but it is really bright with the 14500 or the CR123.

Bottomline:

I would not pay more than I did for it, but I am happier with it than I thought I would be especially finding out that you can remove a section and use it with a CR123. SKU 26792 is better and has a really cool adjustable beam but is limitted to CR123 size batteries, so it is all just what you are lookign for.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections