DX » Community » Reviews » Lens Hood for Canon (ES-62)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bykoyote90 on 05/26/2012

in general terms, is a very good product. resistant. durable. works great for cameras with APS-C and FULL-FRAME. generates no vignetting. generates a very good appearance with the 50mm f/1.8, it does look bigger and professional. if I had the need, buy the same product again (but no longer here, because ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bysluge on 09/27/2011

Solid and quality product that made from hard dull plastic. Looks like brand original product from canon. Easy to use and hold. It is not good idea to mount lens hood to filter's carving. Before mounting, you must set you focusing swith to manual mode, even you can damage your lens mechanism. You must ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bymaxima0002 on 05/10/2011

Get this lens hood if you were looking at the Canon alternative. For the price it is well worth the price of admission. Fits the 50mm lens threading perfectly. Some marring (like scratches) inside the lens hood, possibly due to handling or packaging of the item. But doesn't affect its intended use. If ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bydaianagd on 09/08/2010

fits perfect on 50mm 1.8 canon lens cheaper than the original canon lens hood great build, it's look like the original lens hood good price i didn't find bigs cons, it's cheap, it's fit. the only thing that can be consider as cons is the fact that you have to put the filter first and then the hood en ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byskaldenho on 08/17/2009

Great for using on my 50mm fixed focal length lens. Build quality is good; it's a piece of plastic and Canon won't make them sturdier than this one. Easy to screw on the lens. None Bayonet type fitting would be nice, but then they would have to supply a converter from the canon lens screw fitting to ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bySouthpaw on 07/10/2009

It's a lens hood that works on a Canon 50mm lens. It's not as high of quality as a the OEM Canon hood, and the price seems very steep for what it is. It screws on to the lens, and does not allow for a filter to be attached, though you can screw it into a filter. Compared to a normal hood on a lens that ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byEldorf on 04/07/2009

Same size as the Canon ES-62 (with the hood adapter 62). One piece unlike the Canon version which is the hood and an adapter to mount the hood to the Canon EF 50mm 1.8 II. Works exactly like the Canon version. Cheaper then the Canon version by about $20 or so. As previously mentioned due to the design ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byJrBenito on 03/06/2009

It is really cheaper than Canon brand original (and I really can't understand why Canon don't ship their lenses with hood - Canon, it is just a piece of plastic damage!). It fits very well to Canon EF 50mm F1.8 lens do its job. My first concern was about lens cap. It fit the hole in front of camera (... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byEeek5127 on 04/03/2008

Perfect fit, good materials, some protection on the front element and my lens cap stay on, no problem. They're aren't any. At all. This is absolutely perfect. The hoods that are OEM are amazingly expensive. I've had people try to tell me that if you spend so much on the lens, why not on a hood? Protect ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byswitchsync on 03/05/2008

perfectly fits the canon 50mm 1.8, does its purpose as a lens hood eliminating glares when shooting in sunny days, plus protects the lens from bumps. cant mount the hood in reverse when storing the lens, and lens cap can fall off because there is no thread on the hood. would be perfect lens hood for ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections