photos and videos here!

• Beautifuly built flashlight with medium brightness

posted by IgalY on 03/19/2010
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- Beautifully built.

- Really solid, looks high quality.

- The clip is good (even thought I'd prefer a clip that is not fixed with screws but rather screws onto the threads of the light).

- The way the AA fit tube works is great, no rattle, no slack.Really great quality by Romisen!

- Nice assult crown, not to sharp, but making a point.

- Nicely focused hotspot.

Cons:

- The brightness is disappointing, compared to SKU 28546, which is cheaper, this light gives considerably less brightness, that is while they are both marked as Q5 LEDs and I checked them with the same AA battery.

- The hotspot color is somewhat is bluesh, again, my cheaper SKU 28546 has much better color

- For some reason my light has only modes constant (maybe that's the Low?) and strobe. Nothing I do seems to operate all 3 modes.

- The clicky seems to be working right, but the modes doesn't change with half-press but rather with a complete click.

OtherThoughts:

I wish this light had a glow in the dark clicky and would be able to tail-stand.

Bottomline:

Nice light with superb build quality, but due to throw noticeably less powerful, than cheaper light I have, it's use might be somewhat limited.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections