DX » Community » Reviews » Cree XP-G R5 320-Lumen White Light LED Drop-in Module (26.5mm*29.3mm/18V Max)
  • 5 star 4 ( 33% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 42% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 17% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 8% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byadsheils on 10/02/2013

For all divers out there with an old halogen UK SL6 (or 4) torch, this is an easy led upgrade. First remove and re-instal the batteries in reverse. Next, remove the large spring from the drop-in. To make the drop-in fit the torch, I simple cut a length of 1" pvc pipe about 1 inch long, then cut a slit lengthwise to allow the pvc to slip over the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byarbiker501 on 03/19/2013

Price to lumens upgrade for p60 units is amazing esp with cost of savings for cr123 cells . Just a wonderful vaule. My unit is in my beater host and has been dropped countless times with no issues. Very simple to use no issues there At the time this was one of the few lower price solutions for upgrades however now there are some other good quaility ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfffuuu on 09/03/2012

Very bright, natural cool color of light. I checked the module with 3V to 12 V, quite precisely at 3.6V the output stabilizes - before it is flickering a little. I measured 500mA @ 3,6V Good wide beam - I like that for working in dark places. This is caused by the orange peel reflector providing a more useful spill beam with a cleaner presentation. ... Read more

Bright Beast
    0 0
  • posted byjhanratt on 01/03/2012

Very bright for a small drop in module. Fits my surefire 9P like a glove. Much brighter than the expensive LED I ordered from Surefire. Plus Free shipping from DX. The first one I received was a dud it ran only a few minutes then quit. The led was soldered on crooked. DX Replaced it free of charge. I order another and I now have two which are working ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byplatonas on 09/27/2011

It has a little wider light beam that makes it more useful than the majority of other lights. Compared to my other torches with R2 this is much brighter, more then twice the light output. The beam is wider and give a more useful coverage of bright light (compare to R2). It works on a single Lithium-Ion cell as well as with more cells in series (higher ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydark1 on 09/16/2010

None I can think of, really. -Output very overrated. Measured at ~220 OTF lumens in integrating sphere. I have an old XR-E Q5 drop-in that's brighter than that -Very high CCT, with annoying angry blue tint -Reflector seems to be a poor match for emitter, focused imperfectly, resulting in floody beam Reflector is not as pictured, but with the very small ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byZirges2000 on 05/21/2010

Excellent product. Like others have said, its a has more of a flood in its beam. But, I found that exactly what I was looking for. The R2 has just a little too small of a beam for me. This light easily lights us the area out to 75 yards in front of you. ...and it seem to be about 20% brighter than the R2. None It would be great if DX offere this item ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byhyperloop on 04/10/2010

Very well constructed, the reflector is made of metal and can unscrew off the LED pill, the LED is securely epoxied to the heatsink/pill and the entire drop in feels very substantial and heavier than i expected. Dropin comes with 2 springs, had to remove the larger spring to fit in my Surefire G2 but had to use the spring to fit in my Solarforce/Ultrafire ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byflask on 02/16/2010

This is a really bright light, longer run time than the r2, it is as bright as the r2, and thats a good thing not 320 lumens, r2 got much better trow wen u use 123a and than a 18650 it doesent like it that much, its a good drop-in it have a wide beam r2>r6 only better point of the r2 is that it got a longer run time youre better off wen you buy the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrcoville on 02/10/2010

This is a good, solid drop-in module. I bought it for a 4-cell Ultrafire WF-501D. With 4 - Trustfire 16340 batteries (the protected grey-jacket units) it is bright, like others have reported. There were no length or size issues dropping it in. In the past, I have run this torch with a R2 module (11836) and twin Trustfire TR18650 2500 mAh (blue case)... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections