DX » Community » Reviews » Cree XP-G R5 5-Mode 320-Lumen White Light LED Drop-in Module (26.5mm*29.3mm/18V Max)
  • 5 star 8 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byincredibilehulk on 07/16/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Very bright, has a frequency which is very nice and does not bother the eyes. I've used to do it yourself, but you can also use in torches (ultrafire wf 501 or similar). Apparently the 300 lumens he deserves all the orange peel reflector plays its role. Cons:U... Read more

0 0
  • posted byaccount1234 on 09/28/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Good price. Cree XP-G emitter. The three modules I own have a very good tint. The low mode is quite low and should provide very good battery life, but I've not tested that. Cons:These are advertised as 18V modules, but appear to be 6V max. The three I have do... Read more

0 0
  • posted byaccount1234 on 09/04/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Good price for a five mode, XP-G, P60 module. The medium and low modes are very useful for extended battery life. This module uses an efficient driver since it is 18V rated. Cons:Mine only does three modes: high, strobe and SOS. High mode is very bright and ge... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydespista2 on 05/19/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:This is BRIGHT. The spot is as bright (but bigger) than the XR-E R2 drop-in module that comes inside the single mode UltraFire WF-501B, and the spill is a bit brighter. This one does have mode memory. The mid mode is pretty low and the low mode is REALLY low. This is a pr... Read more

0 0
  • posted byHupplehop on 01/03/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:This is a great little upgrade for my standard Wf-501b flashlight, along with other flashlights that take p60 drop-ins. The pros are: 1. It is bright. 2. It's easy to use. 3. It's aluminum. In a world of plastic reflectors, this one's a godsend. 4. It's got a nice, smooth... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymoregothic on 12/18/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:- very bright. Can't judge if really 320lm but it outlights even my P7/MC-E lights - memory actually works - decent build quality Cons:- SOS mode does not work. it blinks 3 times then shines permanently - low mode flickers when driven with 2x 18650 or CR123 OtherThoughts:... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysleepy120 on 12/01/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Very Bright, brighter than 3xp4's i have. Inbuilt driver circuit does it's job. Good run-times on 4xAA's. Cons:Does get really hot on High mode, uncomfortable to touch. LED was not soldered to board properly and became extremely dim after afew months, this was... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLeoric2007 on 11/06/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:1) R5 LED means good light power 2) Memory option is very useful when you need this on you bike for example 3) Price is reasonable for complete drop-in module (LED + integrated circuit board + reflector) 4) low heating Cons:Overall quality. Maybe I was unlucky a... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylasermanathome on 08/18/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Very bright lightsource, the brightest small one for sunfirehousing. That it emits about the same as the R2, I have to disagree strongly.That de thow is less in NOT correct, the emitter needs to be turned back for about a half turn and than the throw is as narro... Read more

0 0
  • posted bywarauea on 07/12/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Standard drop in for P60 host. I have many lights from DX. The main reason I get all these lights just because they are very affordable! I read and did so much research on lights lately just want to find out how far LED technology has gone. After extensive search and comp... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections