• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works well, a few minor niggles

posted by yslee on 03/08/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- It's cheap.

- Accurate when it's aligned properly...

Cons:

- ... except that one of the three I bought wasn't quite so accurately aligned.

- I suppose I should've read it more carefully, but "resin" can be fairly ambiguous. Well, let me be very clear to all potential buyers: the material used is essentially *RUBBER*. Complete with that yucky smell that'll be on your fingers after you have handled it enough.

- The above-mentioned not-so-accurate piece still had rubber shavings dangling from various ends. I had to pluck them away.

- Because it's rubber, it's a snug fit, which is good in its own way, but it can be very hard to remove on some cameras.

Bottomline:

It works as well as expected (provided you get a good sample), but the material used left me a little dissatisfied. I really was expecting hard plastic, like those covers you get elsewhere.

Still, if you don't use hotshoe flashes much (one camera of mine is more or less going to do without) you can place one permanently on and forget about it. No more worries with having to remember the usual 2-3 bubble leveller!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections