Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Usefull despite thight fit

posted by pcmihnea on 05/15/2013
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Very useful alternative to the simple, plastic cover that comes with the camera. I don't use my Hot Shoe so often (for ex. external flash, or microphone), so I needed some utility out of that receptacle. Also, I sometimes take a picture not exactly horizontaly, so an always-on bubble level was the solution. Good build quality, covers two axes, cheaper than the others.

Cons:

As stated by many other reviewers, it is a (very) thight fit (maybe due to widen compatiblity with other DLSRs?), at least on my Nikon D5100 DSLR, and it's a bit shorter than the original plastic cap, but it does cover the electric terminals. I do not recommend it to be frequently plugged/unplugged, in fear of it tearing (it is made out of some sort of rubber - flexible material, not plastic).

OtherThoughts:

It may be possible to replace the flexible material with a plastic one, by drilling one of my Nikon caps, but it's not really worth it.

Bottomline:

If you're bored of the plastic cap on your Hot Shoe, this might be a more functional "gadget".

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections