DX » Community » Reviews » Brake Shoes with Pads for Bicycle (Pair)
  • 5 star 21 ( 84% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 16% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Looks a lot better than OEM pads

posted by ben07 on 11/30/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

First of all they are longer (70mm) than cheap OEM pads that are about 50-55mm. In the UK, I believe that 65-70mm pads are standard equipment. They feature a channel that may function to evacuate water during wet weather or may serve to cool the brakes during hard braking. These pads are also streamlined and slightly tapered. This is a big plus is you are running really wide tires with bulging sidewalls (on my bike, I'm running 2.3 - 2.4 tires and normal brake pads tend to rub against the sidewall. The only solution was to offset oem pads a little but these results in part of the pad not coming into contact with the wheel rim. I have these mounted on my rear only since my fronts use disc brakes

Cons:

I have yet to test these brakes out so I have no cons for the moment.

OtherThoughts:

The added color gives additional flare to your bike brakes as opposed to the standard dull black

Bottomline:

They look good. They seat better than cheap oem pads and they seem to offer better performance than oem pads in most conditions. Buy a set for your bike and buy spares as well. For the same price as OEM pads, these definitely offer an advantage in one way or the other.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections