DX » Community » Reviews » 10-Port USB 2.0 Hub with External Power Source (100~240V AC Adapter)
  • 5 star 25 ( 52% )
  • 4 star 20 ( 42% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 4% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• So Close, but a Miss

posted by CSummers on 05/21/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Ten ports. Ten-frelling-ports.

Cons:

Had a major issue with my 64-bit Windows7 main machine, making it useless on that machine, at least at the moment.

OtherThoughts:

I purchased this hub because I have all four back-ports on the computer filled, the five rear ports filled on the Belkin 7-port hub with one of those a filled 4-port mini-hub, and speaker power on one of the top ports. When I received this, I mounted it on the back of my desk, shut down the computer, powered the device, and re-arranged the cables so that the 4-port hub was gone, the 10-port hub was connected directly to the computer, as was the Belkin 7-port. Once Windows7 booted, all of the devices were found one-after-the-other, so I thought I was home free. Unfortunately, ALL of the devices started acting like USB 1.1...transfers were terribly slow between and across hubs, with some files failing completely. Flash drives plugged into the top of the Belkin refused to mount, and even flash drives plugged into the empty front ports on the machine displayed major problems. Once the 10-port was removed and cables replaced, everything was fine again.

Bottomline:

Not sure if the issue is 64-bit Windows7 or some conflict between the Belkin and 10-port, but until I have more time to play around with it, this hub is sitting forlorn on the shelf. This is a working machine, and I'd rather have nested hubs and wire clutter than have intermittent device failures across the bus.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections