Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Does exactly what it says on the tin.

posted by zerodgz on 11/07/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

A perfectly original quality component cable for the Wii. Performs exactly as advertised, so there isn't much to say about it. This cable sports new style silicone sheathing rather than old style vinyl sheathing. Connects securely and without issue or flakiness to both my component switch and my Wii.

Cons:

No major flaws. The audio (red and white) and video (red, green, blue) plugs are separated by a small loop of vinyl around the audio wires. It's possible for this to get torn off and lost, and since the red audio and red video plugs are otherwise identical, it's possible to mix them up.

OtherThoughts:

Note that the Wii is still a standard-definition-only console. Replacing your original composite cable with a component one will not magically make the Wii output in HD, but it will considerably increase picture quality and remove the infamous composite "dot crawl" artefacts, and in my case allow my Wii to work with my component-only video switch. For some reason, the Wii component cable has been "discontinued" in North America as of the time I bought this product from DX. Used component cables sell at local game shops for $40-$50, provided you can find one (they are very rare in store), which is totally absurd. There is no functional difference between this cable and a fabulously expensive "official" one.

Bottomline:

Cheap, flawless, works. Need it? Get it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections