• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Surpisingly solid bulid

posted by pvecera on 01/03/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Having a spare harddisk taken from my notebook during the last upgrade, I have chosen to buy this cheap enclosure to make use of the 80 GB HDD as an external medium. The price is so low that it was really worth it but after a few negative remark concerning the bulid quality I was a little curios what comes. I was surpirsed very positively - it's a solid metal housing, the harddisk fits very well into it and it closes with no problem at all.
    Also the dual USB connector in case of higher power drain needed is a great plus.
    The packaging is quite professional and durable for any kind of transport - the enclosure came in mint state regardless of quite rough handling during the transport to the other side of the World.

Cons:

No cons.

OtherThoughts:

I wonder why a small Philips screwdriver is included within the package when no visible screw is present on the housing. Tha harddisk itself has got star shaped screwheads so it's not usable there too. Nevertheless, thanks for a bonus, I'll use it elsewhere.
    The enclosure has got Philips logo on it. I wonder whether this is because the producer made it for Philips or they just use Philips logo to make it more interesting, but I don't care whatever is printed on it.

Bottomline:

Very useful cheap thingy.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections