DX » Community » Reviews » 7-Port USB 2.0 Hub with External Power Source (110~240V AC Adapter)
  • 5 star 4 ( 44% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 56% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works, BUT watch out!

posted by svenberkvens on 04/01/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The hub electronics are neatly packaged in a black plastic casing. Also shipped is a plastic “foot” in which the USB hub can sit upright.

Cons:

The hub that I got reports "USB 2.0 hub" in its USB identification string, BUT it is NOT a USB 2.0 device. It is a USB 1.1 device, making it very slow and only suitable to connect mice and keyboards. I've tried it on various laptops, computer and a Raspberry Pi, but none of them handles the hub as a high speed hub. Also, when you connect the power to the hub, the power leaks to the USB input port, which is definitely NOT supposed to happen. Using the hub may damage your computer if you connect it because of this.

OtherThoughts:

The electronics are slightly too small for the casing that they come in, making them move ever so slightly when connecting a device.

Bottomline:

Other customers have reported that they did get a USB 2.0 hub that is actually high speed. I did not: mine is a USB 1.1 full speed hub. Do not buy this device if you require a USB 2.0 hub, because you cannot be certain that you will get one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections