There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Sweet and accurate but overly resonant

posted by Joseph on 09/29/2007

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The sound is sweet and accurate, but overly resonant, with good balance in dynamics.

Cons:

The excessive resonance often distorts the sound, obstructs the true bass, and makes the sound cloudy. Some Sony Discman portable CD players have the Mega Bass feature. This pair of earphones appears to have this type of artificial mega bass sound effect built in.

The package does not include spare earbud caps of different sizes.

OtherThoughts:

To reduce the resonance, I changed the earbud caps to a smaller size from SKU 4319 and covered the holes on the back of the earphones with a piece of tape. The sound appeared to have improved.

I concurrently acquired SKU 4319 for comparison. SKU 4319 reproduces an accurate and clean bass. I could clearly hear the notes from the double basses. However, the treble sounds strained and overly bright sometimes. The balance is in favor of the treble.

Bottomline:

My listening interest is primarily in the classic music. I would use the left earphone from this pair (for the violins in an orchestral music) and the right earphone from SKU 4319 (for the cellos) through a Y-adapter. The cable style is of the J-split behind-the-neck design.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections