DX » Community » Reviews » SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter Converter with AC Power Adapter for 2.5/3.5/5.25" Hard Drive
  • 5 star 5 ( 45% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 55% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bychroust69 on 10/04/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 monthPros:Very necessary thing. It works as expected, everything is ok. Cheap, reliable, simple to use. Can I try a CD-ROM, which is probably faulty :-) SATA IDE disk drives without problems. A little trouble with notebook drives ... Power supply will hopefully meet a pe... Read more

0 1
  • posted bySethide on 05/12/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:It is pretty cheap. Built quality is ok. It works well with SATA drive.Cons:Unfortunately it doesn't work with all my IDE drive which are different brand. I bought this item especially for these IDE Hard drives. Power supply cable and its adaptor seems a little... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRallyDarkstrike on 06/21/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:- Pretty good price for a very useful device! - Small and compact - can work with desktop and laptop IDE and SATA drives Cons:- build quality could be a bit better...certain drives are VERY stubborn when I go to plug them in and I have to actually plug them in... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymeunomediogo on 05/12/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:I liked the product very much. It does what it claims to do. Can connect to a wide variety of Hard Drives. - Laptop IDE - Sata and; - IDE I bought this one in order to recover my backup from old IDE drives I had lying around. Cons:Kind of messy with all those cables conn... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymictag on 02/07/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:It does what it claims. It is easy to use. You can use it on most sizes and types of internal hard drives. Even if your computer dies, you can still recover the data from the hard drive. Everything you need to use it is included in the package. Very handy to have if you... Read more

0 0
  • posted byruggb on 12/04/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 dayPros:Covers all std drives today. Plug and play on my W7 system. Instructions for loading drivers, which are only necessary on pre XP systems. Cons:No connection instructions. I am skeptical about the PS unit. It is speced at 42.5 Watts. Time will tell. I have no idea... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLuigiXXI on 08/27/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 dayPros:Very cheap for what it offers. Can connect hardisks to USB plug. Muy barato para lo que ofrece. Puede conectar discos al puerto USB. Cons:It has not been possible to connect IDE hardisk because power for IDE hardisk is not posible directly from this machine. For... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykolin1 on 08/02/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 weekPros:+Can connect to any hard disk (IDE,2.5,3.5,SATS) +Works with USB, so don't need to open your computer. +Can be used as a repair kit for technicians +High Speed Cons:-I had to access control panel and run administrative tools. While it is ok with power users, simple users m... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySciamano on 04/16/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 weekPros:- It works (even in Linux, and even with EXT2/3/4 formatted hard drives) - It's tiny - It's neat - It's useful Cons:- Power supply is huge - Power cable supplied is not compatible with EU plugs - Instructions unseless (what's the yellow cable for?) - No on/off sw... Read more

1 0
  • posted byDBarahona on 04/14/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:It's very USEFUL!... you can convert ANY hard drive (except SCSI of course) in an external drive!, even you can connect to media streamming products (I put it on my WD TV and works perfectly) Es muy útil, puedes convertir cualquier disco (excepto SCSI) en disco... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections