Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• GREAT! if you can figure it out.

posted by ruggb on 12/04/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Covers all std drives today.
    Plug and play on my W7 system.
    Instructions for loading drivers, which are only necessary on pre XP systems.

Cons:

No connection instructions.
    I am skeptical about the PS unit. It is speced at 42.5 Watts. Time will tell.
    I have no idea what the BACKUP button will do, but I am not interested in that function anyway. No instructions.

OtherThoughts:

connection instructions;
    The device itself is powered from the USB port. The power connector, which is not shown attached to the SATA/IDE power adapter cable in the picture, will supply power to a 2.5" drive. There is no need for the PS unit if the drive will run on the USB power. Some will not.
    The adapter plugged into the PS is necessary for a 3.5" SATA drive. In that case, there could be an issue with two supplies connected if you plug the DC lead into the yellow input. I haven't verified this, but you don't need to plug it in when using the PS.
    A 3.5" IDE is powered directly from the lead to the PS, no adapter. So, Yes, it does power IDE drives.

Bottomline:

It does the job I bought it for.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections