DX » Community » Reviews » SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter Converter with AC Power Adapter for 2.5/3.5/5.25" Hard Drive
  • 5 star 5 ( 45% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 55% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Pretty good product

posted by RallyDarkstrike on 06/21/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- Pretty good price for a very useful device!
    - Small and compact
    - can work with desktop and laptop IDE and SATA drives

Cons:

- build quality could be a bit better...certain drives are VERY stubborn when I go to plug them in and I have to actually plug them in at JUST the right angle for it to work because the port on the IDE/SATA USB Adapter is a bit rough around the edges and doesn't plug in smoothly
    - won't read some drives I've plugged it into...I mostly tested it with two older 20gb and 40gb IDE drives I had around and it worked fine, also tested it with some ancient IDE drives (400mbs-ish) and it would read some of the old drives and others not at all. Probably had something to do with the partition type on the drives as windows would detect that I had plugged a device in, but I couldn't see the device in My Computer or Windows' Disk Manager.

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

A very good product. Could be better assembled, but bottomling - it does what it says it does and I purchased it mostly to use for backups, so as long as you treat it carefully it should be fine! I would definitely get another one!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections