DX » Community » Reviews » SpaceRail DIY Physics Space Ball Rollercoaster with Powered Elevator (10000mm Rail)
  • 5 star 1 ( 17% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 83% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• I might be addicted...

posted by temporary1 on 02/09/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I saw (another brand) one of these at a toy store a year ago and balked at the price. For  $25 i thought i'd give it a go!
    It's now running on my dining table and its hard to walk past without at least one run through!
    An experience putting it together, and I'm happy with the result

Cons:

It can be a little frustrating putting it together, but (in hindsight) it was worth the effort. The instructions 'text' is practically undecipherable but the images are ok to follow.
    The kit as instructed only uses about 7-8 meters of the 10m track.

OtherThoughts:

It does have detailed picture instructions on what to put where and how long to cut tracks etc (but leave ~%10 extra for tweaking!). But dont try reading the text, it's mostly gibberish.
    Although the comment on assembly time being 90120 minutes wasnt far off. (ok its a typo for 90-120, but it took more like 6hrs being my first time and all the tweaking to get it running smoothly-its half clicking pieces together -about 100!, and half getting the track right.)

Bottomline:

I enjoyed making the model. If it was too easy, it wouldnt have been as rewarding.
    I'll be getting a larger one when i get bored of this!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections