There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Nice scope with CLOSE focus!

posted by AbeFM on 06/27/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

First off: This focuses REALLY close. 10" claimed on the side of it, I measured 29cm (11.5") on my unit, but perhaps it's a bit better if you try harder.
    That's really awesome! I've had many of these spotting scopes, you can't see something across a 10' (3 meter) room because it's too close. With this, I could remove splinters in my finger.
    Distance performance is good, I can see more than I can with the naked eye, but it's by no means the best scope I've used. Too little aperture?

Cons:

The focusing action is decent, this is a minor complaint, but you can feel stuff moving around, in a couple spots it's just a TINY bit grating.
    The storage pouch is way oversized, if you focus it all the way to "storage" position, it's VERY compact. 65cm (2.6"), which is great, but the case is too big

OtherThoughts:

Easy to remove lanyard, easy to put back on. I like that, since most of the time I hate having those useless strings on things.

Bottomline:

Great, for the price, you CAN'T complain. I'm impressed and only logged on to buy more Mystery optics.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections