Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• I'm impressed

posted by Mattrepairs on 04/12/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

1. Bright light, small led maybe 3mm or something. about 8,000 mcd.
    2. Great compass, liquid filled with no bubbles and really smooth movement. no catching/hanging up.
    3. Loud whistle. Really really loud.
    I had my doubts about everything when ordering but the whistle is insane.
    4. Great thermo and hygro. Thermo within 3 degrees of digital and my other old murcury. and the hygro is always within 3% of my high end unit.
    5. Great firesteel, really sparks alot.
    BUT, it's TINY 1" by 1/8". but works really good.
    6. magnifying lense starts a fire. I tried and it did it.

Cons:

1. the level is kind of silly because it has a raised model number on the other side so it wouldn't sit flat anyway.
    2. Firesteel is not going to last long. Make sure you start striking from the tip and work your way in because it will probably break if it gets any thinner.
    That's it.

OtherThoughts:

make sure you get a pack of sku-02893 Individually Packed CR1220 Cell Batteries
    for the flashlight in it. then your good to go a while. The gold pin does not hold the 2 halves together it stores in the hinge and maybe makes it stronger but they don't come apart. The gold pin is to put in the tiny holes to push out all the accessories. The light switch for the led might be the real weakness since its flimsy. I think i'm going to grind the switch flush to avoid accidental turn on. and snagging in my survival bag.

Bottomline:

It's really a solid piece of survival gear. maybe not the most amazing thing ever but I'm really into it.
    BUY IT. especially if your looking at all these all in one survival whistle/tools

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections