DX » Community » Reviews » 10-in-1 Outdoors Survival Mini Kit (Whistle + Compass + Magnifier + LED Flashlight + more)
  • 5 star 8 ( 47% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 47% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• This Thing Actually Works

posted by taylorcm76 on 11/17/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It's cheap. It weighs next to nothing. It's cheap. It takes up very little space. It's cheap. IT WORKS!

The compas is supprisingly accurate. The light is bright. The whistle is loud. The fire starter provides a large spark for such a small rod.

Cons:

Celcius only for the thermometer.

OtherThoughts:

This is not my main compas. It is not my main flashlight. It is not my main signaling device. It is not my main fire starting tool. That being said, it DOES provide a backup to all of those in one small, light weight, easy to carry, cheap package. It fits in my pocket and I can forget it's there until I need it. Good piece of gear and I have one for every pack.

Bottomline:

Two is one and one is none. This gives you an extra layer of redundancy for several pieces of gear. It's not going to turn your survival story into a vacation, but it can help keep it a survival story. Every part of it works. I have better compases, fire starters, flashlights, and signaling devices. They are all my primary. This thing is a great way to back all of them up at the same time. Buy it!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections