DX » Community » Reviews » 4-Channel H.264 Surveillance CCTV Digital Video Recorder/DVR with LAN + 2 USB Hosts
  • 5 star 2 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good DVR

posted by RM2009 on 06/07/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Simple DVR with all the main functions of similar professional products.

You can see recorded video while recording present video.

Possible to access real time video or recorded video from the internet or some other computer in your home network.

Continuous recording, even after if you have a power failure it starts recording again

Cons:

- If you install an internal Sata HDD (not included) it will goes extremely hot, the temperature may damage the DVR.

- Only possible to use Internet Explorer to remote access over internet (Firefox, Chrome and the IE version of Windows Mobile don't work)

OtherThoughts:

- I recommend to use a UPS to secure the power of DVR, it will protect the internal disk and keep recording when power fails

- I recommend a cooling solution to the hard disk (my version does not have fan).

Bottomline:

Excellent product sold by DX, the only concern is the HD temperature that need to be worked (I made a whole in my DVR box and put it outside...it still hot but the DVR is cold now!).

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections