DX » Community » Reviews » Wooden Hourglass Sand Timer (Color Assorted)
  • 5 star 3 ( 38% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 12% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bygilnis2 on 01/17/2014

The timer came with a wooden frame (I think it's real wood). The inside sand is smooth and looks very nice. Looks great on the office table! It's really small (more than it looks on the picture). The timer accuracy is not very good (the time it takes for the sand to go done is differnet from time to time). It doesn't really useful but it looks nice ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKatycat555 on 12/25/2013

I purchased this hourglass as a Christmas gift for my little girl and she loves it! She plays with it for hours. There are no drawbacks with this item. It is a lovely gift for a child. I do wish that it was a little larger. I would like to have a adult size one that would take 10 minutes or longer. This item could be used to time things or as a form ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byHephaestos on 12/17/2013

I put it up as a decoration and people always want to play with it. *It's really small, not exactly a con for me, although I expected it to be slightly bigger, but other people might think it's TOO small. *Time varies too much between timers. Some have sticky sand inside which sticks to the walls, sometimes seconds worth of sand is left in the top part.... Read more

1 0
  • posted bykatblack on 05/09/2013

I like this hourglass, it is so cute and fun to play with. I put it up as a decoration and people seem to notice it even if it is very small. I am not sure if its a huge con but i thought it is. The size of it is veeeeery small and I was expecting it to be a bit bigger. Just because of its size I think it should have been around $1.50. I dont agree ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byamsik on 11/23/2011

Cheap and nice looking. Glass-like plastic so doesnt break easily. Time varies wildly between timers. Some have sticky sand inside which sticks to the walls, to the point that sometimes few seconds worth of sand is left in top part. I bought 11 timers (10 now, 1 earlier), measured times are (in order). 0:48, 1:02, 1:03, 1:11, 1:12, 1:16, 1:19, 1:24,... Read more

5 0
  • posted byjavierdp on 07/10/2011

It's cheap. It´s nice. It´s a good ornament. Good for a little gift. The bubbles of the clock are made of transparent plastic, not glass as it seems, but I don´t know if it´s really a con. Plastic doesn´t break so easily, specially by the mail service. The box came all broken and fixed whith tape so I don´t think it was the mail, It seems that DX sent ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLagniManiac on 04/28/2010

Nice looking hourglass - coloured sand looks nice and smooth. I received purple. Well built - Nice carvings on the wooden frame. Also, the frame is built such that even if you drop it on it's side, the glass does not hit the ground, only the wood. I timed mine, and it goes for 48 seconds. I have seen other reviews for this product that report times ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byedbuy2010 on 04/19/2010

The item is really nice. The sand flows smoothly into the glass. The sand also is a little shine when against to light. The wooden that encapsulates it is of good quality. The time the item counts is a little more tahn one minute. I tested mine and it did about 75 seconds. The only con in this item may bem the size of it. But it is small because its ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections