DX » Community » Reviews » Nature Observation Monocular with Powered Omnidirectional Sound Amplifier Dish
  • 5 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 100% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• it works

posted by 4nthraX on 11/28/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

it does work, there was a guy next to my building(50-60m) on the balcony talking to his phone, i can almost hear every word he says. must have very low background noise to here what people says.

that dish can be removed to save some space when i need hide it in my bag.

Cons:

-price is a little to high for this stuff.

-doesnt work very well on human voice, microphone still can pick it up but the dish doesnt do much trick, because of wavelength..

-do i really need a 9v battery for this? i dont think so.

-only have 10 sec of recording time.

-that frequency filter doesnt work very well, just not very effective.

-the switch,or the trigger, u need to keep pulling it to turn it on, my finger hurts after like 10 min...

OtherThoughts:

maybe add a crosshair in the monocular scope is a good idea, so i can aim at the mouth of the subject.

current dish is too small to reflect human voices to the mic, im thinking of make a larger foldable dish, also increase the length of mic stick to get it to the focal point.

Bottomline:

i have wrote a few pros and so many cons, if i was the designer of this product i'd make it better, theres lots of improvement could be done here.

anyway, it works,built in amplifier and dish do work better than human ears.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections