Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Cheap yet effective.

posted by Mussels on 06/07/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Wireless B, G and N support. Driver CD has support for windows vista and 7, including 64 bit.

Cons:

Flimsy connector could come loose - i suggest using a short USB extention cable and using zip-ties to hold it firmly.

One of my two adaptors was a ralink, the other was realtek. Both work fine, but its impossible to tell which is which without connecting them - and they both use completely different software.

OtherThoughts:

If you use kaspersky internet security, disable the NDIS filter in the adapters properties. it both my adaptors show as 400Mb in speed, and unable to connect to anything.

Oh - the product info is wrong about the range, the back of the package says 'up to' 800 meters, outdoors. (which i find unlikely)

Bottomline:

Worth it for a spare wireless device, or a cheap one to risk losing/breaking on the go.

Acess Point mode seemed easy to use on both adaptors, and they're small enough to hide away in a laptop bag.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections