DX » Community » Reviews » Mini DisplayPort Male to HDMI Female Adapter (1080p)
  • 5 star 135 ( 87% )
  • 4 star 19 ( 12% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 1% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• it works: for VIDEO only

posted by eltonw on 03/17/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This easily connects to a male-male HDMI cable. Though it connects to the *video* OUT port of my Macintosh laptop, I do not get audio output to the TV. Logically the HDMI input on the LCD TV kis designed to carry audio/video signals concurrently. Other than using the built-ion speakers in your laptop, one would have to connect the headphones/audio out to a different destination in order to get sound output.

Cons:

Too bad it does not output both video and audio (from the laptop)

OtherThoughts:

One might be deceived into thinking that because it is "to" HDMI that both signals would be output through the same cable.

Bottomline:

If you want HD quality *VIDEO* (only) this is worth the price. Otherwise, you might gamble on this item: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30471.
    I say "gamble", because this item [SKU 34025] is the ONLY product (so far), that I have ordered from Dealer Extreme which works properly *out of the box*.

Other items that I have are factory defects. (I wonder if DX double-checks items before shipping?).
    CAVEAT: any items with electronic or working parts from Deal Extremeshould be verified IMMEDIATELY upon receipt.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections