• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Excellent Glue gun

posted by loch222 on 07/16/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Works really well warms up in a matter of seconds unlike other glue guns.
    WARNING don't turn the gun up to the highest heat setting, I did and I have the burns to prove it. Thought I would see what this thing is capable of........
    Glue comes out like water/steam and gun starts to smoke/steam and drips glue everywhere including on the user with every drip that contacts the skin leaving a blistering mess left at this setting I am sure it would not take long to burst into flames but I am not going to find out!!!! Won't do that again.
    At 130 watts it is seriously overpowered. It works fine at the lowest heat setting and would be fantastic for larger jobs that require a lot of glue
    The nozzle is smaller than other guns so the glue comes out finer which I much prefer.
    Trigger works well in aiding the ability of the user to modulate the amount of glue coming out
    Sturdy constuction hopefully last for a long time

Cons:

backlight does not come on with mine hence the 1 star deduction but when it is pluged in I know it is on so no biggy and the thermo led light will come on when the gun needs to heat up.
    had to twist plug prongs to fit australian power socket with multigrips but this took all of 5 seconds because the metal used in the progs is extremely soft.
    100 C is the lowest setting and still a little hot for jobs that involve foam a slightly lower setting would be better.
    the handle could be a little rounder its a little long and too narrow and a range of nozzles would also be a great addition.

OtherThoughts:

I have 3 other glue guns for my hobbies and this one is the only one I use its quick well made and only drips a little bit during idle periods. Its the most expensive one at DX but well worth the expense in my view.

Bottomline:

If you need a strong well made glue gun consider this one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections