There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Nifty tool

posted by sunnsh1ne on 03/03/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- Handy tool which acts like mini chopstick holders (but for cotton buds, not chopsticks), basically, it allows you to use cotton buds in a tweezer motion to pick up contact lenses from the eye.
    - extremely handy, especially for people with long fingernails which may damage the lens or poke themselves in the eye whilst trying to remove contacts.

Cons:

- when i first bought the item, i couldnt tell from the picture if the cotton buds were actually made from cotton tips, or if it was a special type that was made of smooth sponge or foam. I was hoping that it would have been smooth sponge/foam because then i would not get cotton fluff/threads in my eye. However when it arrived in the mail, it turned out to be regular cotton buds.
    It doesnt fluff that much, but remember, when you need to replace the cotton buds, buy ones that dont fluff that much, because you dont want cotton threads in your eye, it can be annoying!
    If possible, find ones with a sponge tip. I don't even know if this exists, but i wish someone would invent them!

OtherThoughts:

The actual plastic mechanism that holds the cotton swabs/cotton buds together is small and the plastic isnt very good quality, BUT, for this miniscule use...it doesnt need to be high grade plastic. It does it's job well, and there is no need for it to be any bigger/better than it is to function properly.

Bottomline:

Its a small and nifty tool thats handy for anyone that needs extra help removing their contacts. Its cheap, but its also a small gadget. I have no official complaints but I would have wished for the cotton buds to be sponge tipped, but i cant expect that since I don't even know if that exists.
    I'm not ravingly enthusiastic about it, but and I also have no real disappointments. It does what its supposed to do :) and thats what matters

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections