DX » Community » Reviews » Soldering Iron Tip Cleaner (Black)
Customer’s impression:
Good but small
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bywolfmanchris1 on 08/26/2014

Great item, it does clear the end of the tip. I have tried form months now and with my pads and the brass wire mesh, its does the job. The seller customer services and shipping are great. I would recommended them to anyone. The prices are not to bad. Chris Read more

Impression:Good but small;

0 0 0

• posted byCibertuti on 07/16/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros: Exactly as in photo. You get what you paid for. If you use solderin iron this is you tool This item simply does what it's made for: takes the surplus solder off the soldering iron with ease. Also the box is heavy ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byraystorm6432 on 04/08/2014

All metal construction is perfect for soldering and ensures that nothing catches fire. The copper mesh scraping pad inside dissipates heat quickly and draws tin off the soldering tip quickly and cleanly. The soft pads on the bottom keeps the whole thing from sliding around. None that I could find. I ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byEridanos on 04/05/2014

The steel brushes cleans the tip of the soldering tool quite well. The holder is nice and heavy so it does not wander about on your tool table when you are cleaning the soldering tip. Not many i could find. Perhaps the ball of steel brushes could be a bit bigger. This prevents it pushing down into the ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byshpala on 04/01/2014

Cleans the iron much better than wet sponge. Has small rubber-like stickers on the bottom, which compensate for the lack of weight. Good material quality, I actually expected this thing to be made of plastic. After using it for a while I understood that the cleaner is not heavy enough. It moves on the ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byShoggyD on 09/10/2013

This has a great brass wire ball that seems to fill the container well. It is bigger than I expected. Mine felt a bit low quality - there is patches where the black paint hasn't covered well and the base pops off from the top much to easily. It is too light too, and moves about the bench when I jab the ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byVlasimir on 07/14/2013

Hard to tell from the pictures, but it does have full metal construction. Is very sturdy and has nice little rubber feet. Could still be a little bit cheaper. It isn't really easy to knock over, but it happened to me a few times, so it could be a little bit more weighted down on the bottom. It's so much ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byVampyre666 on 06/25/2013

Cleans better than a wet sponge , Iv been using a wet sponge on my station until now this makes cleaning the tip a breeze. Just Jab Jab and the tip is cleaned no hot solder balls springing about Could have been a bit heavier on the base,The unit tips over when i jab the soldering iron into the steal ... Read more

Top view of unit

0 0 0

• posted bymetheoneandonly on 06/18/2013

This item simply does what it's made for: takes the surplus solder off the soldering iron with ease. Also the box is heavy enough to not to slip on the desk. Very simple to use. Does not make any poisonous smoke. Very useful and worth buying. The price may be somewhat lower, but is not too high for what ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byubiratamuniz on 04/11/2013

This piece of hardware is just useful. It really cleans the soldering tips (it is good to use it while the soldering iron is still hot) and it is not messy, as it has that "metal cup" in which the cleaner "metal sponge" rests. Oh, and the cup is heavy enough so that it stays in place ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections