• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great probe!

posted by IvanAwfulItch on 07/04/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

My opening experience is that both of my 2 probes worked great. Calibration (V/div) is good on both the 1X and 10X settings. It attaches nicely in the hook configuration. Probe hook tip detaches nicely for the point probe configuration. Ground alligator clip aligns and grips nicely. The 10X capacitance/frequency calibrator adjustment works well.

Cons:

It appears that the ground lead cannot be pulled off of the probe. I put a lot of tension on it but it wouldn’t pull off. So I guess that you have to leave the ground lead dangling when you do not need the short ground. No instructions are included. Removal of the ground lead remains a mystery. Knowing that the hook tip may be removed would be nice. The calibration should be done using the calibration square wave output that is provided on the better scopes. Set the probe to X10, remove the hook tip, and plug it straight into the scope’s calibration output. Adjust the scope’s vertical gain for about two to four divisions. Adjust the probe’s calibration screw on the side of the connector body to square the leading edge (not integrated or differentiated).

OtherThoughts:

Don't yet know how it will hold up with hard or extensive use. Sometimes, depending on the materials used, the hook tip could cease to fit tight. Sometimes the cable can develop an open or short circuit. So a life cycle test would be needed to determine if it is adequate for professional use. Use caution when in the point probe configuration not to bend the point. If it does get bent, be sure to straighten it before putting the hook tip back on.

Bottomline:

At least, it seems ideal for home use.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections