There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Ok, can have problems

posted by cranphin on 07/30/2007

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Coolest lighter you'll find anywhere :) Huge flame. Nice solid metal parts on the top, no danger of the flame part melting or so. Received it with a full fill of gas.

Cons:

Mine wouldn't ignite to start with. I took the unit apart, and it seems part of the main plastic body didn't fill the mold entirely, leaving a small gap/slit which the switch catches on. Some messing about with it seems to have fixed it, thought it's still hard to press. I should return it really, but it's such a hassle to mail it back :)

Not quite as robust/strong as it looks. There's strong metal parts on the outside, but the bottom plate is held in place only by a tiny screw into plastic, if the thread on the plastic goes it'll just fall off. Also the big plastic knob to change the level is only compressed on the lil metal knob it attaches to, so can also fall loose if unlucky.

OtherThoughts:

I had to drain and refill the lighter so I could take it apart and fix it. Somehow I feel they used some extremely good gas when they originally filled it, cause my (Supermarket) refill doesn't seem quite as strong :) Turning up the knob pretty much fixes that though :)

Bottomline:

Really this is just a very large common lighter with metal bits :)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections