• 1 star 1 ( 1% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good product for the price

posted by tt3632 on 10/08/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

a handy small torch that is especially good for lightning a cigar for example. im made a small furnace out of beer can, powered with this thing an some coles and clay that is supposed to melt small amounts of aluminum. haven´t yet tried it tough...

Cons:

none that i can see

OtherThoughts:

I did use this for fireworks applications and did test it in reality in windy and cold condition. It seems it didn't like wind very much. the flame died a few time in the heavy wind because it's not very protected inside the house. Might be still be a lot better than a normal lighter but if you want to use for outdoor things it might not do it perfect. But if it not windy it will be no problem at all. In cold condition, no issues. Good for medium sized jobs.

Bottomline:

It perform reliably almost all the time, although the stated temperature rating is a bit exaggerated. It will not reach 3000 celcius no matter what, because it use standard butane as a fuel. Don't know whether you can fill it with hotter burning fuel. Chance are not, the gas tank is designed to hold pressure from butane only, I guess.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections