• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Not quite good

posted by anrus57 on 03/26/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

"As seen on TV", just as the box says. And it is a lot cheaper than the same "Slap chop" advertised elsewhere. It's all true - one can "Dice, chop and mince in seconds" - but not for a long time, I suppose.

Cons:

The build quality is not OK. The bad easy-cracking plastic is already mentioned, but there are much more falls.
    The chopper seems to be usable "out of the box", but for the "Graty" everything was worse. First of all, one of the blades was badly bent. It does not matter, really. The twister easily separates into two parts which do not hold together. It is good for washing it inside, but it could be made without any openings, totally eliminating the need to wash from inside.
    Worst of all, the "graty" grates itself. You don't enjoy plastic in your salad, do you? I had to clear the unneded plastic with a file. Sadly, that did not eliminate the need to be careful while using it - when it is empty, the twister meets with the blade and you begin grating plastic.

OtherThoughts:

I suppose the plastic parts won't last long - the plastic is very hard and can easily crack.
    There were no instructions about assembling the chopper - which can be confusing for the first time, especially when its parts are mixed with graty.

Bottomline:

It is really cheaper than the same stuff from the "TV shop"- but it has very poor quality. I suppose the item advertised on TV is just as poor, so you still save your money. But be ready to get quite a useless thing, requring you to put your hands to it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections