• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Pretty good for media centre

posted by orismology on 01/14/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Fairly well built, accurate (no double presses), dual-mode (mouse/remote) is useful, buttons feel solid.

Cons:

A bit tricky to interface with. I couldn't get EventGhost to work properly with the dongle. It is probably doable with enough time, but I simply used another, more generic IR dongle.

Battery cover is a bit flimsy. It doesn't fall out in normal use, but isn't held in tightly - batteries will fall out if dropped.

Not the right buttons for my liking. This is my fault for not checking it out before I bought it, but I would have preferred "Subtitle", "Audio" and "Menu" buttons over "My TV", "My Video", etc.

OtherThoughts:

Seems to work out of the box with MCE and some features of XBMC, but requires a bit of mucking about with to get configured how you like it.

Bottomline:

I'm extremely happy. It does what I want at a cheap price, and my only real disappointment is that it isn't all that easy to reconfigure. If you just want a remote that works out of the box with MCE though, this one is a good buy.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections