DX » Community » Reviews » Wireless Multimedia Infrared IR Remote Controller with USB Receiver for PC (2*AAA)
  • 5 star 25 ( 74% )
  • 4 star 9 ( 26% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very good product

posted by Jonatanesram on 06/20/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-It is compatible with Android (I probe it on a TV-Box that I bought at DealExtreme).
    -In Android not all buttons work but the most important buttons do work.
    -The signal receiver is the right size, not too big and not too small.
    -It is Plug & Play (no additional drivers required).
    -Easy to use.

No need to read the entire manual to use, the keys have images that represent functions such as left and right button of the mouse.

The wireless receiver has a red LED that indicates if the signal is being received, so you know you have a problem with distance.

Cons:

-You must have Windows 7 or Vista to all buttons work.
    -Pointer speed is a bit slow, but it better be a little slow instead of very fast.

As I expected, I can not press two buttons at the same time because only a button signal will be sent, you might wonder why would I want to press two buttons at once? I answer is to drag and drop items.

Another drawback is that no a button that makes the function of the mouse scroll-bar, arrows appear in the images are to move the mouse pointer.

OtherThoughts:

Some users say that the painting of the buttons is erased, I do not know if it's true because I wrap the control with a thin layer of plastic.

I can not ensure it is compatible with older versions of Windows.
    I would like to have rechargeable lithium battery, but I still think it was a good choice because the AA batteries last long.

There are better devices such as a wireless keyboard with touchpad but still much higher price.

Another point to keep in mind Is that the buttons do not Have the same function in all operating systems, Android 4: such as on off button only serves to suspend and not to switch off, while the media center button is used to enter the settings.

Bottomline:

It is a good product considering the price, the Material from Which this fact is not of poor quality, you've Endured several falls from my hands from almost 1.80 meters (I'm a tall guy) to the ground without breaking, I recommend it.

Your best option if you like to watch movies and do not want to rise up to:
    -Raise or lower the volume.
    -Pause the movie.
    -Play another movie.

It also serves to play music, you can fast forward, pause and rewind songs with ease.

This product is not a substitute for a mouse, so if you want all the functions of a mouse and buy a wireless mouse so you avoid complaining.

Writing with this product through on-screen keyboard is troublesome if you want to write without any problem buy a wireless keyboard.

If you use an older version of Windows or another operating system not expect that all buttons work properly.

I could go on writing more about my experience but you never know how well this product works if you do not buy.

• Controller
    • Receptor
    • Controller only

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections