DX » Community » Reviews » Guitar to USB Interface Link Cable for PC/Mac Recording - White (150CM)
  • 5 star 6 ( 38% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 62% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Nice adapter with amazing software

posted by bardy on 09/08/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- A standard guitar PL input

- Gain level selection

- Physical volume dial

- Guitar Rig 2 - Amazing multi-effect software!

Cons:

- Input is very noisy, and it has to be handled via noise reduction effects (gate/eq) otherwise it is very disturbing.

- The driver setup program that arrived with the device refused to run on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop. I had to download and install the Behringer ASIO drivers from Behringer's website.

- You have to re-install the drivers every time you connect the device to a different USB port. As far as I can tell, this is true for Guitar Rig 2 as well (It didn't output anything until I reinstalled it with the device in the new USB port).

- I couldn't find a way to do direct monitoring.

OtherThoughts:

It would have been nice to have Windows 7 64-bit drivers that work, and also eliminate the need to reinstall everything when changing USB ports.

- Guitar Rig works, but its service center utility says that its not activated and there's no serial number shown. I'm not sure if means that it'll stop working sometime in the future or that a serial number is not required.

Bottomline:

A great solution for such a low price. If you can't live with the noise at the input (which can be suppressed using software filters), buy the original device from Behringer. However, I'm not sure that you'll also get Guitar Rig 2, which is a big drawback.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections