DX » Community » Reviews » 3-in-1 USB 3.5mm AUX Audio/Data/Charger Cable for Ipod/Iphone 2G/3G/3GS - Black (1.2M)
  • 5 star 49 ( 89% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 9% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Thank you DX!

posted by Xiejol on 05/06/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Only one cable to connect my iPhone 3GS to my car. Before I had a separate USB cable and audio cable. With one plug on each end of the iPhone it made a mess in my car and it was hard to find a place to keep the iPhone while driving. Now I have one nice neat cable that looks great and works perfectly.

Cons:

The cable splits into the USB and audio cables a little too far from the end for my tastes (24 inches, or exactly in the middle of the cable). For some people this is a good thing because their USB/Cigarette plug is further away from their audio-in jack than mine. I wish it split after 6-12 inches, but I'm not complaining.

OtherThoughts:

The cable actually locks into the iPhone/iPod. My Belkin cable did not, it was held in by friction and frequently came loose. Now I don't have to worry about it anymore.
    I had two (yes, two) $20 Belkin cables break within 4 months. This cable looks sturdier and cost a lot less. Time will tell, but if it breaks I will just order another one.

Bottomline:

Great cable. Performs a very useful function. I will be ordering another one for my wife's car.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections