DX » Community » Reviews » Foldable 1.3 Mega Pixel PC USB Webcam with Microphone (Driver-Free)
  • 5 star 1 ( 33% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 67% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Decent Web-cam

posted by zkinx6 on 07/09/2010

Impression:;

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 dayPros:-Driver-less, Plug and play *tested plug and play, compatible with -Windows 7 64bit, w/ skype -Ubuntu 9.10linux 32bit, w/ cheese web-cam booth -Mac OS X 10.5.8, w/ Photobooth & Skype -the flip open is a nice feature
    -looks stylish
    -mic has alright response
    -OK video and picture quality(like a cellphone camera)
    -video has good brightness
    -usb cable is 4ft 6in long
    -it swivels on its base(not smoothly)
    -base has a rubber non slip bottom
    Cons:-the mechanism to flip the camera open( it pivots on a small rod held together with a screw on one end and a nut attached to the rod on the other)sticks and is hard to open. when i loosened the screw it helped
    -it squeaks when you open and close it
    -when i shake it something rattles inside
    -video quality is less than advertised(more like 15-18fps and a resolution of 352 x 288, but it can take pictures at 640x480)
    -the "camera button" is just a piece of plastic and is connected to nothing but some hot glue.
    after opening the case i found what was rattling, it it had a small plastic cable tie that had fallen off the cables it was holding together. Also the circuit bored for the camera is held in place with a very generous amount of hot glue.
    OtherThoughts:I got this today and its an alright web-cam.
    It looks nice next to my speakers and monitor(both black with silver trim) and it is pretty small. i plan to use it mainly for surveillance and an occasional video chat. But i may buy another web-cam for video chat, the quality is OK but not great, or really even that good. Also the circuit bored for the camera is held in place with a very generous amount of hot glue. and the mic is right behind the camer and not where the 5 little holes are on the front panel.
    I would have liked it to have a flash.
    Bottomline:not sure i recommend this, its compatible with all my machines but the quality is not very good. (although acceptable for the price).

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections