Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Decent Web-cam

posted by zkinx6 on 07/09/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

-Driver-less, Plug and play

*tested plug and play, compatible with

-Windows 7 64bit, w/ skype

-Ubuntu 9.10linux 32bit, w/ cheese web-cam booth

-Mac OS X 10.5.8, w/ Photobooth & Skype

-the flip open is a nice feature

-looks stylish

-mic has alright response

-OK video and picture quality(like a cellphone camera)

-video has good brightness

-usb cable is 4ft 6in long

-it swivels on its base(not smoothly)

-base has a rubber non slip bottom

Cons:

-the mechanism to flip the camera open( it pivots on a small rod held together with a screw on one end and a nut attached to the rod on the other)sticks and is hard to open. when i loosened the screw it helped

-it squeaks when you open and close it

-when i shake it something rattles inside

-video quality is less than advertised(more like 15-18fps and a resolution of 352 x 288, but it can take pictures at 640x480)

-the "camera button" is just a piece of plastic and is connected to nothing but some hot glue.

after opening the case i found what was rattling, it it had a small plastic cable tie that had fallen off the cables it was holding together. Also the circuit bored for the camera is held in place with a very generous amount of hot glue.

OtherThoughts:

I got this today and its an alright web-cam.

It looks nice next to my speakers and monitor(both black with silver trim) and it is pretty small. i plan to use it mainly for surveillance and an occasional video chat. But i may buy another web-cam for video chat, the quality is OK but not great, or really even that good.

Also the circuit bored for the camera is held in place with a very generous amount of hot glue. and the mic is right behind the camer and not where the 5 little holes are on the front panel.

I would have liked it to have a flash.

Bottomline:

not sure i recommend this, its compatible with all my machines but the quality is not very good. (although acceptable for the price).

Post comment

DX Everywhere