• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Perfect antenna

posted by pyro329 on 02/12/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Good item, however I also bought similar SKU 33016 and 33016 is cheaper while providing the same quality. By the way, 33016 is also a bit longer though it has 16 units only. All in all, some connections are better with these YAGI things and some are better with more compact regular omni-directional antennas. I installed YAGI in my appartment the following way: just one screw into ceiling close to my window, then attached to it (upside down) little tripod found in Dollar Store. Simply put 3 tripod legs around screw and tie with strong wire (I used clothes hanger to get the wire). Then you need just one appropriate bolt to attach antenna to tripod screw so you can easily rotate and fix your antenna. That's how we built intercontinental missiles in ex-USSR. Some of them later were further converted to launch small satellites into space ;-)

Cons:

You do have to aim it which can take some effort and make mounting interesting, thought it has the hardware for it and there are signal strength utilities. Just a bit too large and awkward to really be portable, or perhaps "mobile".

OtherThoughts:

I tested this on a network analyser and it's well tuned for wifi. It detunes easily by touching close to the radiating element so make sure you mount it clear of any bushes or such that may touch it. Due to the design Yagi antennas are very easy to aim. Just sight down the pole.

Bottomline:

Just buy it! It's worth every single penny!! Have Tested the product and it works as promised!!!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections