DX » Community » Reviews » Replacement 60W Power Supply AC Adapter for Apple Macbook
  • 5 star 19 ( 66% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 34% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Nice replacement.

posted by mirosol on 08/25/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Works. This was the main concern about this product. I'm aware that genuine parts have currents working in a manner that makes building replacements with no company approval harder or nearly impossible. My wife's macbook, that's couple years old, had broken wire from adapter to computer. Local mac store told me that it's typical problem with these power adapters. And they offered me a new one for about $100. So this deal was very tempting. And it didn't fail me.

It really works. And it's whole lot cheaper than original.

Original plugs (grounded and not grounded) fit. That's a huge pro.

Cons:

While build is better than good, adapter itself is few millimeters wider than original. Original plug (from wallsocket to adapter) looks bit silly on it. Not much of a con though...

DX doesn't have european version of powerplug available. So if you're european, you'll want to use the one that you already have.

OtherThoughts:

Not branded.

Bottomline:

Not 1:1 copy, but very good replacement when your power adapter fails. Personally i'd recommend this to everyone with macbook.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections